1/1 Photo of Dark Chocolate-Raspberry Banana Bread
1 hr 20 mins
With a little help from dark chocolate pieces and ruby-red raspberry preserves, banana bread goes from breakfast standby to brunch standout. This decadent twist on the classic can be made the night before. The morning of, simply drizzle with melted chocolate and raspberry preserves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas or 4 -5 medium bananas
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, pieces
- 3/4 cup cinnamon streusel topping (1/2 of Recipe- #487340 - optional)
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of one 9x5x3-inch or two 7 1/2x3 1/2x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl stir together eggs, bananas, sugar, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in pecans and the 1/4 cup dark chocolate pieces. Spoon batter into prepared pan(s). Swirl 1/4 cup raspberry preserves into batter. Sprinkle Cinnamon Streusel over batter, if using.
- 4Bake for 55 to 60 minutes for the 9x5x3-inch pan or 45 to 55 minutes for the 7 1/2x3 1/2x2-inch pans or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center(s) comes out clean. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking. Cool in pan(s) on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan(s). Cool completely on rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- 5After bread stands overnight, in a microwave-safe bowl combine the 1/3 cup dark chocolate pieces with 1/2 teaspoons shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 70 percent power for 20 seconds; stir. Microwave at the same power until melted and smooth, stirring every 15 seconds. Drizzle over bread.
- 6Place the 1/4 Celsius raspberry preserves in another microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 20 to 30 seconds or until melted, snipping any large pieces of fruit. Drizzle melted preserves over top of the bread.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate-Raspberry Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.0
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 124.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon streusel topping