1/1 Photo of Dark Chocolate Mug Cake
I'd tried a couple of these somewhat fad-induced mug cakes and found them a bit lacking. Instead of using cocoa powder and plain old chocolate chips, I went a little simpler and went and got my favorite bar of dark chocolate and used it as a substitute. Delicious and fluffy, and five minutes from cupboard to done!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Set aside to cool for a minute or two.
- 2Add flour, cinnamon, and sugar to a small mixing bowl; mix well.
- 3Add in the egg and mix again.
- 4Add in the milk and mix yet again.
- 5Add in the chocolate-butter mixture and mix once more.
- 6Pour into a large coffee mug and microwave on medium power for two minutes, then high power for about a minute. Cake is done when a skewer test comes out with moist crumbs.
- 7Allow to cool (while you're cleaning up is sufficient) and dig in! Add a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top for a delicious change of pace.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Mug Cake
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1987.5
- Calories from Fat 1614
- Total Fat 179.3 g
- Saturated Fat 109.9 g
- Cholesterol 284.0 mg
- Sodium 462.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 45.3 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 45.3 g