I'd tried a couple of these somewhat fad-induced mug cakes and found them a bit lacking. Instead of using cocoa powder and plain old chocolate chips, I went a little simpler and went and got my favorite bar of dark chocolate and used it as a substitute. Delicious and fluffy, and five minutes from cupboard to done!
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Set aside to cool for a minute or two.
- Add flour, cinnamon, and sugar to a small mixing bowl; mix well.
- Add in the egg and mix again.
- Add in the milk and mix yet again.
- Add in the chocolate-butter mixture and mix once more.
- Pour into a large coffee mug and microwave on medium power for two minutes, then high power for about a minute. Cake is done when a skewer test comes out with moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool (while you're cleaning up is sufficient) and dig in! Add a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top for a delicious change of pace.