Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
To be clear: this is a recipe designed to eat one portion of cake in lieu of making a whole one. I DO NOT know why this is listed as kid friendly and that should NOT be construed as 'my kid can make this with no supervision'. In my UI it says it is in the category "Dietary > Kid-Friendly" so maybe that is why. As in they will eat it because it is cake and they are kids. Kids tend to like cake and not complain about what is in it. BUT don't make your kid make his own cake, mug or otherwise. At least help him with it. LOL
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Set aside to cool for a minute or two. EDIT: OR MELT IN THE MUG. Keep an eye on it though and try not to cry if/when it seizes.
- Add flour, cinnamon, and sugar to a small mixing bowl; mix well.
- Add in the egg and mix again.
- Add in the milk and mix yet again.
- Add in the chocolate-butter mixture and mix once more.
- Pour into a large coffee mug and microwave on medium power for two minutes, then high power for about a minute. Cake is done when a skewer test comes out with moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool (while you're cleaning up is sufficient) and dig in! Add a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top for a delicious change of pace.
I really liked this, especially with the little touch of cinnamon! I used a Purdy's 70% dark chocolate bar and cheated by just melting the butter and chocolate together in the microwave. Made for PAC Spring '11
This was a real treat. Very chocolate-y and quite moist and flavorful. I didn't have any frosting though, so I just sprinkled a little powdered sugar on top. I will try this again, attempting to reduce the butter amount though, so I can have it more often. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Arili.
Gloppy, too eggy, and a PITA to make. (I'd also point out that if you can't get your chocolate and butter to melt without seizing in a microwave, you're doing it wrong.)