Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has quite a kick to it! It's from the Hot & Spicy & Meatless cookbook. I only used 1/2 C lentils and 1/2 C beans in this so I guess my lunch was a bit spicier, but gooood! Ate it just as is but the book has some good suggestions; serve over rice, or stuff peppers or tomatoes with it.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups cooked lentils (I only used 1/2 C)
- 3⁄4 cup cooked pinto beans or 3⁄4 cup black beans (I used 1/2 C)
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 5 serrano chilies or 5 jalapeno chiles, seeds removed and minced
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute garlic& onion till just about tender.
- Add cumin, coriander and curry and mix well.
- Add lentils, beans, tomato and chiles.
- Stir and heat till heated through.
- Stir in yogurt if using.