Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Saw Daphne make this on The Chew and had to post this recipe for safe keeping. Can't wait to try it!!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar and butter; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to batter alternately with buttermilk, in 3 parts; mix gently until just moistened.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Pour batter into a pound cake mold (loaf shaped pan).
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For the glaze:.
- Five minutes before cake is finished baking make the glaze.
- Combine water, butter and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour half the syrup over the cake (bottom), invert onto a serving plate and pour remaining syrup over the top.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and eat warm!