Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I searched and searched for a recipe to make Parisienne or Portuguese potatoes. Nothing came up, so I put this together. Cook time includes marinating.
- 1 lb parisienne potato (small potato balls)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic and red pepper spice mix (I use Clubhouse)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine potatoes and spices with half cup oil.
- Shake so all potatoes are coated.
- Let Marinate in the fridge 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In glass baking dish, pour 2 tbsp Olive and spread around bottom of dish.
- Spread marinated potatoes on bottom of dish in a single row.
- Bake 1 hour, flip potatoes half way through cooking.
I've made this dish a few times now and it's turned out great each time. The whole family enjoys it and it works well with either lamb chops or rack of lamb. It's earned a spot in the family favourites recipe book!
I really liked this recipe; easy and very tasty and you can easily make a large portion for parties or large groups.
I have no idea what the Clubhouse mix was, so improvised as best I could on that bit... I used regular peeled potatoes cut as usual for roasting and gave them the Parisienne treatment, instead of using the little potato balls, the flavour is the same, I just had to increase the cooking time accordingly. These went over a treat, the flavour was good... I marinated them for just over 2 hours, maybe longer would have been even better ? It didn't matter in the end since there were no complaints and no leftovers. These were easy to prepare, looked lovely and while I wouldn't make them on a weekly basis, I would make them for a buffet table for or when we want a change and I have the time to marinate them for a decent time. Please see my rating system: This recipe is going into my family recipe book and gets a good 4 stars. Many Thanks for a great recipe :)