Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spicy crab salad is a great stuffing for tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers or even a lettuce wrap. You could even stuff it in your favorite fish.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce, such as Srirachi Hot Chili Sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime plus lime wedges, juice (to garnish)
- Place the crabmeat in a bowl and add the mayonnaise, shallots,
- cilantro, chili sauce, and lime juice. Mix gently to combine
- the ingredients without breaking up the large lumps of crabmeat.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Many years ago, when I was expecting a child, I craved a seafood salad served at a restaurant named Cookers in Columbus, OH. They've since closed and I had not found anything like it since. Danny Z's recipe caught my eye as it sounded similar. It is! I doubled the sauce recipe to have extra "dressing" and served it over a tossed salad like they did at the restaurant. It is addicting! YUM! I do like extra kick, so I added some red pepper flakes too.