1/4 Photos of Danish White Cucumber Pickles
1 hr 30 mins
This is my mother's recipe with a few adaptations by me. They are wonderful crisp white, sweet pickles that go well with anything You nearly always see this pickle on Danish open faced liver pate sandwiches. If you cut them in spears they pack really well in the jars. It is more traditional to cut them across in 1/2" slices..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 large cucumbers (cukes must be very large but not soft or yellow)
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 1/2 cups pickling vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
Divide into each of the 8 jars before packing
- 1Sterilize 8 pint jars.
- 2Make syrup by, putting the sugar, vinegar and water in a large pot, stirring until the sugar dissolves, and bring to a boil, when you fill jars have it at a full boil.
- 3Peel the cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- 4Cut cucumbers into1/2 " spears that are about 3/4 " shorter than the pint jar, thus allowing some headroom. As you are cutting up the cukes put the prepared ones in ice-water until you put them into the jars Pack jars tightly with the spears standing upright( spears go on top of the spices already in the jar).
- 5Fill jars with boiling vinegar/syrup , make sure the jar's edges are clean with no vinegar/syrup on them. Place a lid on and screw on the ring.
- 6Check that they have popped.
- 7Leave for at least 2 weeks & enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish White Cucumber Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (3869 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 154.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: