Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My grandma is full Dane and I was researching some recipes and found a few. Here is one of them. Splenda could probably be used to reduce calories and sugar intake.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 tablespoon unsweetened gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream, hot
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, ground
- Soak cornstarch or gelatin in the cold water until softened.
- Stir it into the cream.
- Add 1/3 cup of the sugar and all of milk.
- Cook, stirring continuously, over low heat until hot.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Beat egg yolks and remaining sugar until frothy.
- Pour a little of the hot mixture over the egg yolks to temper eggs, then stir all into the milk mixture.
- Let cook about 2 minutes over low heat, stirring often to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat and let cool until thick.
- Add vanilla.
- Whip egg whites and salt with a wire whisk and add in mixture.
- Pour cold fruit juice over each serving and top with whipped cream or spoon Vanilla Sauce (another recipe) over pudding.