Recipe by Ivana*
Delicious and very moist cake. It is a low rising cake and do serve with optional whipped cream and berries. Thanks to a co-worker for this simple but outstanding cake.
Top Review by Chef @Oz
Loved it. I made my own almond meal using whole almonds so it had a bit of texture. Some friends reported it was a bit sweet but still enjoyed it. I thought the sweetness was fine. I used 1.5 tsp of almond essence which was quite strong. Next time I will used 1 tsp so the taste is more subtle.
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup ground almonds (100g)
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon almond essence (depending how much you like almonds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy Add all other ingredients and mix well Spoon into 20cm round tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven 170 C- 180 C for 35- 40 mins or until done.
- Allow to cool in tin for 5 mins before turning out.
- When cool dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries (optional).