Recipe by nitko
This is one of the typical Dalmatian lunches. It is very popular among working class; dock workers, shipyard workers and similar occupations where hard labor is needed. Avoid canned beans, use dry one.
Top Review by magarac
Oh, this brings back memories of my dad's favourite meal! We always used the bigger rigatoni pasta, and make sure that there's some liquid left before serving (don't let it all evapourate away)! Serve with fresh crusty bread.
- 400 g beans
- 250 g noodles (macaroni)
- 150 g bacon (dry, smoked)
- 100 g onions
- 50 g celery (fresh leaves)
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 g parsley (fresh leaves)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 g tomatoes (strained juice)
- 2000 g beef stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans overnight. Cook beans in water 20 minutes, remove the beans and wash in cold water.
- Put beans into beef stock and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cut bacon into small cubes, finely mince onion and fry them to soften onion. Add bacon and onion into beans. Season with salt and pepper. Add bay leaf and celery leaves.
- Add macaroni, minced garlic and tomato and cook until all ingredients are soft. At the end add minced parsley leaves.