Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 700 g okra, slit lengthwise
For the masala filling
- 2 tablespoons amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
For the gravy
- oil (for cooking)
- 2 onions, sliced fine
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 200 ml yoghurt
- ginger, julienned (for garnish)
- MIX all the masala ingredients in a bowl and stuff the slit bhindi with this mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the onions and sauté over low heat until translucent and glossy.
- Then add the chilli powder and turmeric powder mixed in a little water.
- Stir-fry until the water evaporates.
- Add the stuffed bhindi (do not stir with a ladle at this point).
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the kadai from the fire and stir in the yoghurt and salt.
- Return the kadai to the fire and cook for four to five minutes.
- Remove and check if the bhindi is cooked.
- Garnish with juliennes of ginger and serve hot.