Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is like my Dad's fruit salad only with vegetables. My brother and I loved the fruit salad so much that we also ate our vegetables cause Dad said it was the same. It's not, but just as good! I added the orange pepper.
- 24 ounces low fat cottage cheese (large curd)
- 4 tablespoons low-fat sour cream (*)
- 2 medium cucumbers (seeded, large dice) or 1 large cucumber (seeded, large dice)
- 3 green onions, small dice (white and green parts)
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, seeded, large dice
- 1⁄2 red pepper, seeded, large dice
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, seeded, large dice
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, seeded, large dice
- 4 red radishes, medium to large size, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, large, scrubbed and shredded
- 10 pitted black olives, large, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1⁄2 red onion, small dice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- *may add more for lighter consistency.
- * can use plain yogurt but taste will be different.
- Combine everything but parsley, gently, in large bowl.
- Chill 1/2 hours.
- Serve with topping of parsley.
This was such a hit! Very refreshing and satisfying! Thanks for posting this!
Absolutely delicious and wonderful to have in the middle of winter to satisfy that craving for summer! I used campari tomatoes that taste almost garden fresh. Also used non-fat cottage cheese. I think next time I may add some edamame instead of the frozen peas. Made for healthy choices ABC game.
I was a little scared at first but something made me go back to this recipe and I am SO glad I did! This is great! One of the best salads I have had in a long time. A great change from the normal this will be a keeper for a long time to come! thanks for the sald Happy Harry!