There is nothing better then the tradition of homemade "special" hot chocolate on Christmas eve. Until you try this you won't know what REAL hot chocolate really is.
- Bring milk, cocoa powder and sugar to simmer in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking frequently.
- Add chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Add salt.
- Bring to simmer, whisking constantly until frothy.
- Mix in Kahlua at last minute if desired.
- Ladle into 4 mugs, top with whip cream if desired, and sprinkle with grated chocolate, cinnamon or marshmallows as desired.