Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Best spaghetti sauce you will ever have. This sauce has been in the works for about 10 years, and is nearly perfect for spaghetti. Meat can be added, and works wonderful with meatballs. The wonderful thing is it is not runny if prepared correctly. Also did I forget to mention it is a slow-cooker so make in the morning, come home from work make some pasta and the great sauce is already ready. Enjoy
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, Chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 ounces white wine
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Rough chop onion, celery, and bell pepper. Add to food processor or bar blender and puree.
- Add Puree to 12 in cast iron skillet, heat over med/high heat until all the liquid is removed. 15-25 minutes. Do not burn, try to adjust the temperature so burning does not occur. (it should look dry and pulpy).
- If you have not already, turn heat to med and add the garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato and anchovy paste and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Mix well with the vegetables.
- Add white wine and reduce until almost dry.
- Add paste/vegetable mix to slow cooker. Add the canned tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flake. Stir well.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- Season for taste, it may require a little more salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked pasta, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.