6 hrs 30 mins
Lab Chef's Note:
Best spaghetti sauce you will ever have. This sauce has been in the works for about 10 years, and is nearly perfect for spaghetti. Meat can be added, and works wonderful with meatballs. The wonderful thing is it is not runny if prepared correctly. Also did I forget to mention it is a slow-cooker so make in the morning, come home from work make some pasta and the great sauce is already ready. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, Chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 ounces white wine
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Rough chop onion, celery, and bell pepper. Add to food processor or bar blender and puree.
- 2Add Puree to 12 in cast iron skillet, heat over med/high heat until all the liquid is removed. 15-25 minutes. Do not burn, try to adjust the temperature so burning does not occur. (it should look dry and pulpy).
- 3If you have not already, turn heat to med and add the garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- 4Add the tomato and anchovy paste and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Mix well with the vegetables.
- 5Add white wine and reduce until almost dry.
- 6Add paste/vegetable mix to slow cooker. Add the canned tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flake. Stir well.
- 7Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- 8Season for taste, it may require a little more salt and pepper.
- 9Serve over cooked pasta, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dads Secret Spaghetti Sauce (Aka. Labchef)
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 666.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: