Recipe by Prose
My dad learned to make this when he worked at a very fancy Italian restaurant. It's his signature dish, so I was shocked to learn that it only has 3 ingredients.
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
The flavor of this was surprisingly great for just 2 ingredients in the sauce. I mean, it really tasted much more complex and flavorful than i expected! However, I had some texture issues too. My sauce was rather grainy and seperated after a bit. Not quite sure what went wrong! Made for I Recommend Tag.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettucine (al dente) according to package directions. Drain and toss with a little olive oil.
- In a wok or large pan, heat half and half until barely boiling.
- Slowly add parmesan while whisking.
- Turn off heat and continue to whisk until cheese dissolves.
- Toss in pasta.
- Variation: For Fettucine Carbonara, add cooked peas and crumbled bacon.