Recipe by Skip Murray
I was trying to find a egg roll my kids would love I found it.
Top Review by Carlena
Glad to hear someone is enjoying my fathers recipe for egg rolls! Skip Murray is my dad and he would be happy to know that people are enjoying the food he made and created. I have to admit, i was the picky daughter of the family, :) and dad worked diligently to get me to try new things, his egg rolls are the only ones i eat now. I LOVE THIS RECIPIE! It was made for me. He'll never be able to make it again for me but i am glad that others can make it for their family as I will for my family in the future. Always enjoy life and gather around the table with the ones you love with great food. Those memories will last a lifetime and then some! :)
- 1 lb cooked pork, shredded
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- 1 medium egg, whipped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 -2 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork into large chunks and boil till done about 15 minutes, then shred in a food processer.
- Then set aside.
- In a Wok or a large deep sided skillet add Garlic, Sesame oil, Olive oil, and Ginger, and saute about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Now add shredded Cabbage and carrots and stir fry till almost translucent, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in shredded pork and stir fry to mix about 5 more minutes, set aside.
- You can now wrap your egg rolls, However; it best to let it set in the refridgerator at least 1 hr, over night is even better.
- Whip 1 egg with 1 tbsp water to make an egg wash.
- Now place 1 egg roll wrap on a cutting board to appear like a diamond.
- Brush the top half (2 sides) with egg wash.
- Place approx 2 Tbsp filling on lower half.
- Fold bottom point up and over filling and tuck.
- Roll about a half turn, now fold in outside corners and finish rolling to seal, to form a small log.
- In a 8 inch skillet fill just over half full with canola oil, and heat to 350°F.
- Place Egg rolls in hot oil turning as required till golden brown.
- will hold about three at a time.