Recipe by Curt Newport
Good things come to those who wait. Let this cook during the game, and it should be ready when the games' over.
Top Review by Margie99
We liked this, I love that it has everything for a good meal included. There were a couple of ingredients left out of the direction like the garlic and butter. I put them in with the peppers and onions. I lost all the good brown bits from the meats, so if I make it again I will use a dutch oven and saute the veggies then cook the meat and finish it all in there.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large sweet onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bottle beer
- 1 lb spicy smoked sausage
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 2 cans chicken stock
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- hot sauce (to taste, your choice. I use Tabasco and a few others)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stockpot, saute onions and peppers until onions are soft.
- In a skillet, brown the chicken.
- When nearly done, add the sausage, to brown, even if it is already cooked.
- Add cooked meats to stockpot.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, jalapenos (uncooked), kidney beans, chicken stock, crushed red pepper, hot sauce and beer, and cook on medium for 20 minutes, to blend flavors.
- Turn mixture to"high" until a boil is achieved.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, and turn to low.
- Cook until rice is done AND you reach desired consistency.
- SHould be about 45-60 minutes, perhaps more.
- Water may be substitued for the chicken stock.
- I just like the extra flavor it adds.