Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From recipe+ magazine. Have not included 10 minute marinate time.
Make and share this Curry Twist recipe from Food.com.
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets (fat trimmed cut into quarters)
- 1⁄4 cup curry paste (butter chicken)
- 2⁄3 cup yogurt (low-fat natural)
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomato puree
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄3 cup coriander (leaves chopped)
- 300 g green beans (trimmed and halved)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (flaked)
- 4 slices sourdough bread (to serve)
- Combine chicken, curry paste, yogurt, garam masala and half the garlic in a glass or ceramic bowl, cover and chill for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat half the oil in a medium saucepan over moderately high heat and add chicken mixture and cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato puree and season well with pepper and bring to the boil and then reduce heat, simmer covered for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and then add cream to chicken mixture; cook and stir for 2 minutes and then remove from the heat and stir in coriander.
- Meanwhile cook beans in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until just tender and then drain.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over moderate heat and add remaining garlic and cook and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant and add the beans, toss to combine.
- Spoon butter chicken and beans into serving bowls and sprinkle with almonds and serve curry with bread.