Recipe by heather in Ont,
This is a quick, easy and elegant enough to make an impression for your guests. Serve this with lightly dressed baby greens and warmed naan. This was a grand prize winner recipe that Tabi clothing held in conjunction with Canadian Living.
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salmon in glass baking dish; pour lemon juice over top. Set aside.
- In large deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry mustard seeds until they pop, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger; fry until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add onion; fry until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste, turmeric, salt and pepper; fry until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of the coconut milk to form thick paste.
- Stir in remaining coconut milk; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salmon to sauce, spooning some of the sauce over top.
- Cover and simmer until salmon flakes easily when test with fork, about 10 minutes. Stir in coriander.