Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Paula Deen's cooking show and I did not see it posted here so I hope it's not a repeat. She was not consistent in telling exactly how much of each ingredient, so some are an estimate, and I've guessed the number of servings. I made it tonight for lunch tomorrow and I really liked it, it has a very mild curry flavor. I subsituted 1/2 the mayonnaise with sour cream and dried cranberries for the grapes.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained & diced
- 1⁄2 cup red grapes, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon bottled chutney, your choice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- lemon juice
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture, stir, and serve.
Great flavor and crunch! The curry wasn't so subtle, but I thought that was a good thing (maybe depends on the type of curry powder you use). Next time I'll leave the water chestnuts in bigger pieces. Made for the Fall 2012 "Pick a Chef" event.
Very yummy! I doubled the curry and did not have water chestnuts so used little more celery. Very good!
Very good! I reduced the calories by only adding enough mayo to coat (approx. 1/2 cup). Served this with some romaine lettuce in a tortilla wrap. Excellent flavors! Thanks for the recipe.