Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe that I got from my step-mother. My step-brother and I adopted it as a college dinner staple. :)
- 3 whole chicken breasts
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesof chopped frozen broccoli
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup (do not add water)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 lb egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and cook however you'd like. I usually just cook it stove-top in a cast iron skillet.
- Place broccoli and chicken into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Mix soup (do not add water), mayo, milk, cheese, lemon juice, and curry power in a small bowl and pour over the chicken and broccoli.
- Cover the baking dish and place in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated. If you prefer to pre-cook the broccoli (microwave or stove-top), the casserole should only take about 30 minutes to bake.
- While the casserole bakes, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Serve chicken over noodles and enjoy!
Terrific Recipe! I used low and non fat items, but still had wonderful flavor with less calories!!! Thanks Spectatrix for a great alternative to boring chicken!
My family loved this. It was really easy to make and reheated well.
I love the idea of serving this over noodles. Thanks!