Recipe by chia
this is a nice refreshing salad from julie sahni. you can play with the ingredients to make it more to your liking but the curry and celery seed make this dressing
Top Review by Kit Chen
This is a great recipe. When I tried the sauce by itself I didn't really think anything of it, but mixed in with the tuna and grapes definitely turned this into a new flavor. The grapes is a must!
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna in water
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup small green seedless grape
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces nonfat cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- drain tuna and place in a bowl.
- add celery, grapes, onion, toss.
- toast the curry powder in a small skillet for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- remove with a spatula to a small bowl, cool combine celery seed, garlic, cottage cgeese, skim milk, lemon juice, and curry powder in a blender until liquified season with salt& pepper.
- pour dressing over tuna, toss.
- sprinkle with toasted walnuts, serve.