Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love sweet potatoes! So one day I had a craving for them and decided to fry them up with some sweet onions, just like I usually do with yellow potatoes. I wanted to add something else to make it special, and that's when the curry powder spoke to me! It's so quick and easy to make, not to mention healthier and more carb friendly than its yellow counterpart. Enjoy!
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- First, peel, wash and cut the sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch half rounds (cut the slices in half).
- Peel, wash and cut the onion into thin slices.
- Heat up the olive oil in a large frying pan and add onion slices, cook til just translucent, on high to medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoe slices and coat pieces evenly in oil.
- Add curry powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Toss potatoes so spice distributes evenly.
- Let potatoes fry up around edges.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and cover with lid.
- Let them cook for 10-15 minutes more, checking them halfway for readiness.
- Using a large wooden fork is helpful in tossing the ingredients.
I am also a lover of sweet potatoes. Made this tonight and it was wonderful. Followed the ingredients but instead I baked them at 350 for 30-35 minutes turning occasionally, coating them with everthing including onions in a zip loc then threw it in the pan. Thank you for posting. Served it with Curry Honey Musterd Chicken Breasts.