Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I put together this recipe with ingredients on hand. My toddler and I loved it!
- 1⁄2 cup lentils, picked through and rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (more can be added to finished dish)
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- oil (for cooking)
- Boil the lentils in till soft.
- Sauté the onions in a bit of oil.
- When onions are softened add the sweet potato you may need to add a bit more oil
- Sauté until the sweet potato is soft.
- Add the lentils, cover and simmer for 20 minutes -- you may want to add a few tablespoons of water.
- Serve as is or over couscous or rice.