Curried Sweet Potato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This soup came out delicious! I served it to my husband and some guests and they declared it restaurant quality. It's especially good with some savory crunchy croûtons in it.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sweet potatoes
- 1 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup powder
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Saute chopped onion in olive oil together with garlic and ginger for about 2 minutes.
- Chop 2 sweet potatoes into medium sized chunks.
- Cook sweet potatoes with onion, garlic and ginger for about 5 minutes.
- Add water, roasted red pepper, chicken soup mix and spices.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Take pot off the heat.
- Puree wither using a food processor once soup is cooled or in the pot directly with an immersion (stick) blender.
- Adjust with spices and water as needed.
- Top with croûtons and/or a little rum and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious! I had everything pre-cut, which made this come together super quick (plus I used my immersion blender right in the pot). I used low sodium chicken stock rather than the water and chicken soup powder. This was quick and very tasty, two requirements for a after-work meal. Thanks for posting!Reply