Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My friend made this for a wedding shower and I liked it so much, I went out and bought the cookbook where she found it, Stop and Smell the Rosemary-Houston Junior League. The presentation is really attractive...it's not your typical cheeseball!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 -6 ounces mango chutney
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut
- Combine cheeses, sherry, Worcestershire, curry powder, garlic powder, white pepper and cayenne in a small bowl; blend well.
- Line a 2 cup bowl with plastic wrap, leaving a 4-inch overhang.
- Press cheese mixture into bowl.
- Fold plastic overhang over top and cover with another piece of plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours (better if chilled a day or two) or freeze.
- Before serving, unfold plastic wrap and invert on serving plate.
- (If frozen, defrost before adding topping).
- Spoon chutney over top.
- Sprinkle with green onions, peanuts and coconut.
- Serve chilled with crackers.
This is a really delicious appetizer. I have a similar recipe (Curried Cheese Pate) that does not use the garlic or white and cayenne peppers. Either one is equally delicious. If you like Thai food, you will LOVE this recipe!