Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My friend made this for a wedding shower and I liked it so much, I went out and bought the cookbook where she found it, Stop and Smell the Rosemary-Houston Junior League. The presentation is really attractive...it's not your typical cheeseball!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 -6 ounces mango chutney
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut
- Combine cheeses, sherry, Worcestershire, curry powder, garlic powder, white pepper and cayenne in a small bowl; blend well.
- Line a 2 cup bowl with plastic wrap, leaving a 4-inch overhang.
- Press cheese mixture into bowl.
- Fold plastic overhang over top and cover with another piece of plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours (better if chilled a day or two) or freeze.
- Before serving, unfold plastic wrap and invert on serving plate.
- (If frozen, defrost before adding topping).
- Spoon chutney over top.
- Sprinkle with green onions, peanuts and coconut.
- Serve chilled with crackers.