Recipe by CaliCook
I love winter squash. I've made this recipe with Delicata, Sweet Dumpling, Butternut, and/or Kabocha squash. You need to adjust the amount of broth according to the juiciness of the squash. I've also mashed the squash with just a little broth and some yogurt to serve as a side dish. From Sunset Magazine.
- 1 kabocha squash, 2 1/2 pounds
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds.
- Cut unpeeled onion in half.
- Combine butter and curry powder, brush over cut surfaces of squash and onion.
- Roast squash and onion in a 350 degree oven, cut sides down, on a rimmed baking pan until soft, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Scoop flesh from squash into medium pot.
- Remove skin from onion, chop, and add to squash.
- Puree vegetables with broth using stick blender.
- Reheat, thinning with more broth if you like.
- Season with salt & a little cayenne.
- Ladle into bowls, top with yogurt.