Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthy. Can you say that on TV?
Make and share this Curried Rice and Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 709.77 ml cooked brown rice
- 354.88 ml cooked red kidney beans
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 118.29 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Mix yogurt, and curry powder together in a small bowl; season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix.
- Marinate salad, refrigerated, for 2 hours, before serving.
This is really good. I love the textures of the brown rice and beans together. I would like to make this with red bell peppers too for the colour and sweetness. Great recipe, thanks!
This was okay for me, I loved the fact that it was healthy and it made a nice filling lunch but I couldn't say that I loved it hence the 3 stars. I love trying new things though so thanks for posting. Made for ZWT 4.
Delicious! I love that it uses nonfat yogurt to create the sauce rather than mayo or sour cream. What a delightful, healthy dish!