Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is good enough for a dinner party though you don't have to wait for company to make this delicious soup. I generally don't care for things made with pumpkin but I love this! I got this from a heart healthy recipe book but I can't remember the name.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, pureed and cooked
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- In saucepan, heat oil; saute garlic and onion until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- add stock, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, curry powder, coriander, honey and ginger.
- reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, approximately 20-30 min (depends are how small you cut your pototoes.
- Puree in food processor or with immersion blender until smooth.
- return to saucepan, if using food processor; stir in milk until blended.
This was delicious! i added cinnamon and another clove or garlic. It was very quick and easy - the whole thing was ready in 30 mins.
Great recipe. I used vegetable stock and soymilk to make this vegan and it was delicious. :)
I made this tonight for dinner and thought it was great! I knew it would be great just looking at the ingredients. I definitely will make this again. Thanks for a wonderful soup!