Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Paula Deen's Quick and Easy Meals. This is a great stew. It is comforting, but because of the curry flavor, not boring. The pork becomes very tender. I don't usually like sweet potatoes, but here they work. I also sometimes add carrots, just for more texture and flavor.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- Cut pork into 1/4 inch cubes and place in a large resealable bag with the flour, salt, and pepper, seal bag and shake pork to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium high heat.
- Brown pork cubes.
- Meanwhile chop onion and bell pepper.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to pot and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile peel and dice sweet potatoes.
- Add sweet potatoes, broth, tomatoes, and curry to pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.