1/1 Photo of Curried Parsnip Soup
I borrowed a cookbook Practical Soups from work. This is one I'm interested in making soon. Although the recipe doesn't mention it, I would finish this with a little cream or yogurt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 parsnips, chopped (about 750g total)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 850 ml vegetable stock
- 1 fresh lemon rind, of grated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- julienned fresh lemon rind, to garnish
- 1Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan, add the onion, parsnip and garlic and cook for about 5-7 minutes until the vegetables have softened but not coloured.
- 2Add the garam masala and chili and cook for about 30 seconds.
- 3Add the flour mixing well and cook stirring constantly for a further 30 seconds.
- 4Stir in the stock, lemon juice and rind and bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6Remove some of the vegetable pieces and set aside.
- 7Puree the remaining soup then return to the saucepan with the reserved vegetables.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with a little of the julienned rind scattered over each serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Parsnip Soup
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 32.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lemon rind