- 1 cup raw lentils
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces spinach leaves, fresh, washed and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes, with, liquid, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and sort the lentils and cook until they are tender but firm.
- 4 cups of water High Heat 10 minutes and low/medium heat 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- When it is hot, add the garlic and saute over moderately low heat for 1 minute then add the spinach and cook about 2 mins or so until all the leaves are wilted.
- Add the lentils and the remaining ingredients to the skillet.
- cover and simmer over very low heat for 15 minutes.
- This is good over mashed potatoes, rice or couscous.