Recipe by Krista Roes
Our family loves this. Feel free to play around with the spice measurements, I kinda eye ball it. You could also add turkey sausage to this. It's a hearty delicious meal! Don't leave out the sun dried tomatoes. The saltiness balances the creaminess of the coconut.
- 2 cups brown lentils
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 dash red pepper
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Using 2 can's of coconut milk will make this more creamy although one can is sufficient, I haven't tried low fat coconut milk but I think it would work too.
- Mix all the ingredients together and bring to boil.
- Simmer for at least 2-4 hours or until the lentils are thoroughly cooked, and the mixture boils down and becomes thicker. The longer you let it sit the more the flavors will mix.
- Serve with warm Naan bread.