Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from the Canadian Living Vegetarian Collection cookbook, and have added it to my "gold!" list of amazing vegetarian foods! Incredibly satisfying and loaded with the good stuff, these burgers are a wonderful meal for everyone. Try it, I guarantee you won't be sorry!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cremini mushrooms or 6 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 (540 ml) can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1⁄2 cup dry bread, crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
- 1 carrot, shredded (optional)
- 1 pepper, chopped (your favorite kind) (optional)
- In a dry skillet, toast the cashews over medium-low heat for about five minutes. Transfer to food processor or blender.
- In same skillet, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms, onion and garlic for about five minutes or until onion is golden. Add to food processor or blender along with salt and pepper.
- Add lentils and curry paste to food processor, pulse to combine. Add optional ingredients, if using, and pulse to combine. Mix in bread crumbs. Shape into four 1-inch thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; fry patties until crusty (about 15 minutes).
- Put burgers onto bun and add toppings of your choice and enjoy your fabulous meal!