This salad has a fabulous blend of flavours. Great with BBQ.
Make and share this Curried Corn, Zucchini and Bell Pepper Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream or 1⁄3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 5 large zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- Combine oil, curry powder and garlic in small skillet.
- Stir over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Cool completely; discard garlic.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in curry mixture (can be prepared 1 day ahead).
- Grill or bbq peppers until charred and blackened on all sides.
- Put into a plastic bag, close, and steam for 10 minutes.
- Peel and seed.
- Cut into ¼ inch wide strips.
- Brush zucchini with 2 tblsps olive oil.
- Grill or bbq until brown and tender, about 4 minutes per side.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut into ½ inch pieces.
- Boil corn until tender, drain well.
- Place corn, peppers, zucchini and onion in large bowl.
- Pour curry mixture over and toss to coat (can be prepared up to 6 hours ahead).
Loved it! Only thing I did differently was used bottled roasted red peppers. Looking forward to lunch . . . had a bit leftover! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT Africa Curry Challenge.
This had a very good flavor. Being we are not huge fans of curry, this was not too overpowering, so we liked it. I also substituted the mayo, as we don't keep mayo in our house with plain lowfat yogurt. I also made my own curry powder, which was fun and it worked well with this recipe. Made for ZWT4.
Fantastic flavor! Super easy to make. Made for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers during ZWT 4