Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Fresh pineapple is a must. Very pretty served in hollowed-out pineapple shells.
Top Review by Oolala
I was about to post a similar recipe from The Star of Texas Cookbook by the Junior League of Houston which has no grapes but has does include 2 cups diagonally sliced celery. This sounds so good-thanks for posting.
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup green seedless grape, cut in half
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into cubes
- salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup mango chutney (Major Grey)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add chicken, grapes, and pineapple in a large bowl; set aside.
- To make the dressing: in a bowl whisk the chutney, curry powder, mayonnaise, lime zest, lime juice, and salt together.
- Pour dressing over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate salad for 3 hours.
- Line individual plates with salad greens; spoons chicken salad over greens; sprinkle with pecans and green onions; serve immediately.