Curried Chicken Chutney Salad
This lovely chicken salad is bursting with yummy flavor! A tasty snack eaten with wheat crackers, or fill a pita pocket for a delicious lunch or light dinner. -Or-, serve a scoop atop a bed of fresh crisp lettuces, for a ladies luncheon or tea! Great!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh seedless grapes, halved (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional) or 1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chutney
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder, to taste (very mild as written, I use a mixture of 1/4 t. curry and 1/4 t. hot madras curry)
- mixed baby lettuce leaf, to serve
- fresh snipped parsley, chervil or chives, to garnish
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chicken, grapes, water chestnuts, orange segments, and nuts.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients; toss with chicken mixture.
- Pack chicken salad firmly into a medium bowl, or individual ramekins.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Carefully tip out salad onto a platter, or individual salad plates, of mixed baby lettuce leaves.
- Garnish with fresh snipped parsley, chervil or chives.
- Makes 4 servings.