1/1 Photo of Curried Chickpea Croquettes With Yogurt Sauce
From the IGA Supermarket chain. It's too bad I can't post the picture because it looks really nice. Apparently two patties makes one serving, making it four servings for four people, especially with a complete meal. What I plan to do below is write that it makes eight patties, and allow everyone here to decide if they want to serve one or two patties per person. Because of the hot curry paste this is really for people who like their recipes hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons hot curry paste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup store bought roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup oat bran (or breadcrumbs)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- salt and pepper
- 1In a small bowl, blend yogurt, mint, and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 4In a large bowl, mix chickpeas, onion, curry paste, and egg. Mash the mixture with a potato masher until blended but not smooth.
- 5Add red peppers and oat bran, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix with a fork until ingredients are well combined.
- 6Shape mixture into 8 patties and coat with chopped almonds.
- 7Place patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning patties halfway through the cooking.
- 8Place each croquette on a bed of salad greens and serve with yougurt sauce.
- 9Note: For a meal, serve each person 2 croquettes with buttered linguini, broccoli florets and yogurt sauce (this is just a suggestion, and you can always do something similar along this line).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chickpea Croquettes With Yogurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.2
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 400.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 9.9 g