Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by Carol from Boothbay Harbor. Haven't tried it yet but couldn't wait to share it! =)
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1⁄2 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 20 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 -2 lb cooked boned chicken meat
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- In a thick-bottom pot saute onion, carrot, celery, and mushrooms in butter on medium heat.
- While sauteing, stir constantly until onions are translucent.
- Lower heat and add flour.
- Stir the flour until a roux forms.
- Simmer on low heat for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick.
- Add chicken stock and stir until roux and stock are completely mixed.
- Add the chicken meat, sour cream, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.