Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is our favorite dish for family get togethers. We usually have to make 3 or 4 pans so everyone can have seconds.
- Squeeze juice from one lemon over chicken breasts and let sit for 15- 20 minutes at room temp.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts and cook in hot oil until lightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- Put spinach (drained and squeezed of as much water as possible) into bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of spinach.
- Place browned chicken breasts on top of cheese.
- Mix soup, sour cream, mayo, juice from second lemon, and curry powder (to your taste).
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Oh, YUM!! This is SO good! I cut this to 4 and it came out perfectly! I omitted the oil, and used the butter to saute the chicken. I used 2 TBS curry, it was just right. The spinach is delicious! This goes into my keepers file! Thanks suzyq, you got a winner here!
This is an excellent recipe. I followed the ingredient list, but lightened it a bit using the low fat soup, reduced fat mayonnaise and reduced fat sour cream. I also halved this recipe, except for the curry - used 3 tablespoons. This wonderful sauce paired nicely with the rice, too. Perfectly delicious! Thank you SuzieQue.
i used 8 boneless half breasts and two 9x13 dishes, but i doubled everything else! silly me, i thought i would get two dinners out of it. our sons loved it so much (even ate the spinach) that we had just half a dish left. we even used the extra sauce around the edges to mix with noodles for a later lunch. the flavor is so delectable! our home smelled wonderfully like curried chicken for a couple of blissful days, too. i used a total of 4 tablespoons of curry and used sharp tillamook cheddar. because of the caloric/fat content that is listed, we won't have this often, but we will definitely enjoy it when we do. thanks!