Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is THE most fabulous party appetizer. I had this at an after holiday party and it was by far the most requested recipe (my Blue Cheese Spread was the second!) Be sure to make ahead because it should chill at least 4 hours.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (room temperature)
- 6 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mango chutney
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, grated
- Blend pate ingredients together until combined.
- Line an 8" cake pan with plastic wrap and fill pan with cheese mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 4 hours.
- NOTE: Can be frozen at this point. Defrost at room temperature before proceeding.
- Unmold pate on a large platter. Pour chutney over, then sprinkle with peanuts, onions, and coconut.
- Serve with crackers. ENJOY!
We just moved to a new community and were attending a wine and cheese event where we knew absolutely no one! Everyone was asked to bring an appetizer. What a dilemma. Cheese and crackers, too simple. Fancy crab appetizer, too showy. I read this recipe and it was just right. Let me just say it was the hit of the party. I even heard one of the party hosts say " I need to find whoever made that coconut cheese spread"! Great way to make a good first impression. Thanks!