Top Review by surus
We just moved to a new community and were attending a wine and cheese event where we knew absolutely no one! Everyone was asked to bring an appetizer. What a dilemma. Cheese and crackers, too simple. Fancy crab appetizer, too showy. I read this recipe and it was just right. Let me just say it was the hit of the party. I even heard one of the party hosts say " I need to find whoever made that coconut cheese spread"! Great way to make a good first impression. Thanks!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (room temperature)
- 6 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mango chutney
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend pate ingredients together until combined.
- Line an 8" cake pan with plastic wrap and fill pan with cheese mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 4 hours.
- NOTE: Can be frozen at this point. Defrost at room temperature before proceeding.
- Unmold pate on a large platter. Pour chutney over, then sprinkle with peanuts, onions, and coconut.
- Serve with crackers. ENJOY!