I found this in a Good Housekeeping magazine years ago. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good.
Make and share this Curried Cauliflower Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, stirring constantly (so as not to burn it) for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower, garlic, 3 cups cold water, and salt to taste.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the saucepan, and simmer until the cauliflower is completely tender and breaks apart easily when pierced with a sharp knife, about 20 minutes.
- Add the milk, bring back to a simmer, and remove from the heat.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor or blender or use an immersion blender, and process until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, season with salt and pepper to taste, and reheat over low heat before serving.
- Garnish each serving with some chives and a tablespoon of sour cream.