Recipe by breezermom
The steam and aroma coming out of this pot is sure to cure your cold, or at least help you feel better! This soup is wonderful whenever you are feeling blue....something about homemade chicken soup just helps everyone feel better. Not to mention the wonderful aroma in the house from cooking it!
Top Review by Boomette
This soup is so comforting. I used low-sodium, low-fat chicken stock. I used butter. I used dried parsley. So easy to do in less than an hour, that's great :) DH really loved it. Me too of course. Thanks Breezermom :) Made for Market tag game
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinned chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 946.0 ml basic chicken stock, I like Basic Chicken Stock
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml long-grain rice
- 29.58 ml parsley, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5 or 6 quart stock pot over moderate heat, melt the butter in the oil. Add the chicken and brown it lightly, stirring occasionally -- about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, carrots, celery, onion, rice, parsley, salt and pepper. Cover, bring to a simmer over low heat, then cook until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.