1/1 Photo of Cupid Kisses - Gorgeous Cupcakes With a Romantic Touch!
Um Safia's Note:
This is my own family recipe. The cupcakes are almost like red velvet cupcakes but then they are filled with cream & topped with a 'kiss' - Cupids of course! These are very easy to make & will be the centre of attention.... great for any special ocassion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml melted margarine
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 551.25 ml self raising flour (cake flour)
- 88.74-133.10 ml best quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cream of tartar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml milk, mixed with
- 4.92 ml vinegar
- 29.58 ml red food coloring
- 4.92 ml vinegar
- 300 ml whipped cream or 500 ml squirty cream
- you can also dust with icing sugar (optional) or cocoa (optional) or candy sprinkles (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 c / 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the sugar, margarine & eggs until creamy. Add the food colouring, milk mixed with vinegar + the other tsp of vinegar & set aside.
- 3Into another bowl, sift the dry ingredients.
- 4Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing very well to incorporate.
- 5Line bun / cupcake trays with paper cases & carefully fill 1/2 - 3/4 way full. Place in oven.
- 6After 14 minutes, turn the tray around then continue cooking for 4 minutes. Check they're done with a toothpick & allow to cool on thge side.
- 7Once cooled, cut a circular piece out of the top. Fill the hole with whipped or squirty cream. Take the circular piece & cut in half - place on top of the cream to look like a kiss!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cupid Kisses - Gorgeous Cupcakes With a Romantic Touch!
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 196.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g