1/3 Photos of Cumin Dusted Chicken Breasts With Guacamole Sauce
From Cooking Light. I made this last night and it was excellent. When my Hubby cleans his plate, I know its good. I served it with egg noodles, but next time I will probably serve it with rice. I did not have an oven proof skillet so after browning the chicken, I had to transfer the chicken to a glass baking dish for the oven. Note: the cooking time in the recipe only says 10 minutes however, after 10 minutes my chicken (which I had cut very thin) was still very pink, so I cooked it for 15 minutes total. I think this would taste even better if it was grilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, seeded & coarsely mashed
- 1To prepare sauce, combine first 8 ingredients and set aside (keep chilled in fridge while you prepare the rest of the meal).
- 2Preheat oven to 400.
- 3To prepare chicken, combine brown sugar, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp black pepper; sprinkle evenly over chicken. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over, place pan in over and bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until done. Serve chicken with guacamole sauce.
- 4Cooking Light magazine says that 1 breast and 3 tbsp sauce equals one serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cumin Dusted Chicken Breasts With Guacamole Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.3
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 654.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 38.2 g