1/3 Photos of Cumin Bok Choy Stew
madhu*s recipes 4 healthy skin's Note:
Bok choy is one of the popular leafy-vegetables very low in calories. Nonetheless, it is very rich source of many vital phyto-nutrients, vitamins, minerals and health-benefiting anti-oxidants.100 g of bok choy contains just 13 calories. It is one of the recommended vegetables in the zero calorie or negative calorie category of foods which when eaten would add no extra weight to the body but in-turn facilitate calorie burns and reduction of weight. Unlike the stir-fried methods ,this Cumin bokchoy delight which is the method of partly boiled ,keeps the Ascorbic acid(VIt.c) and other Anti-oxidant phytochemicals as intact as possible.moreover the herbs used in the preparation makes it the best detoxifyng dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups chopped fresh bok choy
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon split polished green gram
- 1/2 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon basil
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 11.Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic ,green gram, cumin and ginger subsequently.
- 22.as the cumin pops out add onions and fry till it turns into brown colour.
- 33.add water along with the bokchoy.simultaneously add salt as well.
- 44.boil for 5 minutes ,if the stalks are not boiled, keep it still on the medium flame for another 2 or three minutes.
- 55.add saffron powder and put of the flame.add r chilly flakes, parsley,basil and thyme and stir well .when it is still hot.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cumin Bok Choy Stew
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1858.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: