Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was in the Thursday magazine's Food Facts column on cool foods for hot days posted by Monika Seth. She is one of my favourite food writers! Enjoy!
- 2 -3 cucumbers, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 ml low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon freshly crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- white pepper powder, as required
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon mint, chopped
- Put cucumber cubes in a small bowl.
- Add salt and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into another bowl.
- Extract as much water as possible out of the cucumbers.
- In a large bowl combine vinegar, yoghurt and garlic.
- Fold in the salted cucumber and white pepper powder.
- Cover and chill until needed.
- Just prior to serving, sprinkle with mint or parsley.
- Serve with whole wheat bread or crackers.