Recipe by Miss Annie
This tangy recipe serves 40 people and can be prepared the night before.
Top Review by em...
I halved the recipe...it wasn't stated anywhere whether or not to keep the juice from the cucumbers...I left it..big mistake...it became too watery...the next time I make it I will drain the cucumber juice...other than that...this recipe is a keeper...I will make this again for Thanksgiving
- 20 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup salt (add 1 tablespoon more to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 quarts sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cucumbers in a large, glass baking dish. Sprinkle 1/8 cup salt on the cucumbers, mixing well.
- Chill the cucumbers in the refrigerator.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream, lemon juice, scallions, sugar, pepper, and remaining salt.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- When both cucumbers and sour cream are well chilled, drain the water from the cucumbers and combine with the sour cream mixture.
- Chill again in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, arrange cucumbers with sauce in several serving bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.