Recipe by Julie421511
This recipe is from the SBD Parties & Holidays cookbook. I plan on making this for a Superbowl party this coming weekend. It would be great as a side dish or for brunch.
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced red onions
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large cucumbers or 2 smaller cucumbers
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together cream cheese, basil, parsley, onion, zest, lemon juice and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Trim cucumber ends and peel cucumber lengthwise to make zebra stripes, alternating peeled & unpeeled sections.
- Slice into 30 (1/4 inch thick) rounds.
- Top each cucumber round with a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of cheese mixture.
- Transfer to platter, garnish and serve.