Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
By Linda Lenhart, published in the Daily Herald.
- 1 large English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into short strips
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Toss cucumber slices with salt in a colander; let stand 30-45 minutes, until juices drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Turn into a large bowl and add the remaining vegetables, cilantro and oil; toss gently to coat.
- Add vinegar and ground pepper and toss again. Serve. (Can be made several hours ahead of time and refrigerated).